Sample snippet of the report
Banking in India
Product ID : SDG09TK002
Published on 9 July, 2019
Content: Banking in India
This is a detailed study on India’s Banking designed to provide actionable insights on:
- Availability and density of banking infrastructure state-wise
- Type of banks and infrastructure available in each state
- Deposits and credit – state-wise
- Growth trends in the infrastructure
- Growth trends in deposits and credit
This data guide is an essential tool if you are a:
- An implementation agency working on financial inclusion
- A funder supporting financial inclusion
- Policy-maker/researcher looking to understand access to banking services
– India has more 2.7 lakh branches of various types of banks.
– Total bank deposits in India today exceed INR 124 Lakh Crore.
– Total outstanding loans by banks today exceed INR 96 Lakh Crore.
Access to banking services is one of the key pillars of economic progress of the country. We currently have about 20 bank branches and 17 ATMs per lakh population. How does this penetration differ from state to state? Which type of banks are serving in which state? How are the deposits and loans growing? Which areas are underserved?
All this and more in this data guide that covers comprehensive data for 2,732 banks and 95,595 primary agriculture credit societies on:
– Bank branches
– Kissan credit cards